Adam Lambert’s Top 10 Moments of 2013
Another year has gone by, and what a year it has been! Adam launched 2013 with a bangin’ New Year’s Eve in Bali, then went on to win enough awards to fill up his shoe closet. He thrilled crowds at the Pittsburgh and Miami Pride parades. Fans rejoiced when he announced his split from Sony/RCA , and their exuberant expectations seem to have been met and exceeded by all the fantastic opportunities that have since come his way, including performances before massive, nation-wide audiences for radio, prime-time television and in the much-heralded documentary “Bridegroom”. In the end, we (reluctantly) narrowed down the list of Adam’s greatest moments of 2013 to the following. Did we miss anything? Let us know in the Comments section.
1. Adam receives the Unity Award from the We Are Family Foundation. Here’s video from the Gala at the Hammerstein Ballroom on January 31st.
2. Adam wins 2013 Most Popular International Singer at the China Music Awards, April 18th. More photos and videos here.
3. Adam Lambert accepts the GLAAD Davidson/Valentino Award, May 11th. “Whataya want from me!!?” Adam writes a perfect speech, paying tribute to the Stonewall generation who fought for LGBT rights, and the new generation, flawlessly neutralizing the criticisms slung at him from various LGBT media honchos! “We’re right in the middle of two generations with two perspectives, but one common thread, LOVE…Thank you to GLAAD because I put a lot of effort into this…I think about it a lot, it makes me f*cking crazy…” Watch the speech below:
4. Adam performs “Titanium” with Angie Miller on American Idol, May 17th. More photos here.
5. Adam performs “Love Wins Over Glamour” at 2013 Vienna Life Ball, May 25th – More photos and videos here.
6. Adam honored with the “Hope of Los Angeles Award’ by Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, the City of Los Angeles and Christopher Street West/ LA Pride for the City of Los Angeles 3rd Annual LGBT Heritage Month on May 31st.
Lambert channeled his newfound fame into raising awareness about issues close to his heart, advocating on behalf of LGBT causes The Trevor Project, Equality California, and GLAAD, as well as for charity organizations MusiCares, charity:water, and DonorsChoose.org. Other achievements include becoming the first American Idol finalist to tour the world in support of a debut album in the year following their season — a thrilling spectacle documented on Lambert’s 2011 DVD Glam Nation Live, which bowed at No. 1 on SoundScan’s Top Music Videos chart, and became the best-selling debut of any release on the Music Videos chart last year. — The City of Los Angeles is proud to honor Mr. Lambert for his accomplishments and advocacy on behalf of the LGBT community.
7. Adam sings on “Lay Me Down” by rising EDM star Avicii, with Nile Rodgers. Released on Avicii’s album “True” on September 17th.
8. Queen with Adam Lambert headline the 2013 IHeart Radio Concert on September 20th. More photos and videos here.
9. Adam blows up Glee with his performance of “Marry the Night” on November 7th
10. “Outlaws of Love” is included in the film “Bridegroom”
* * *
It was so, so difficult to narrow down the list of Adam’s 2013 achievements to just 10! We had a few other favorite, more personal moments that we will always cherish:
Adam gets his copy of AURA and tweets about it
Juneau wins Live Proud AT&T contest and gets to take Thea to meet Adam in Hollywood
Adam at the Fountainbleau Hotel in Miami gives his mic to Claudia. More photos and videos here.