Adam Lambert AURA has arrived!
News flash! It all started with a meeting of like-minded fans three years ago. After many phone conferences and emails, postcards were distributed at the Hyannis Glam Nation tour stop announcing plans to create a new book (or as it turned out, magazine) of fans’ stories and testimonials about how Adam Lambert had changed their lives. One could have birthed three babies in that interval, and with arguably less turmoil and pain, so it’s with great joy that we share the news here that AURA is finally packed and ready to go!!
Here’s the scoop from the AURA Blog:
As you may know, the shipment of AURA magazines arrived from the printer on Friday, July 5, as scheduled.
Yesterday, my son and I packed all the AURA orders. See photo (below). Starting tomorrow and continuing for a few days, all current orders will be mailed out.
Some extra copies remain, but not a lot. If you want to order a copy to keep drool-proof, send one to family or friends because your story is included, or send one as a gift you can still place an order. When they’re gone, they’re gone . . . unless or until we get orders for another 500 magazines, at which time we can go back to press.
Some vital statistics:
- AURA is a long, slender 9x12x.27 inches, with 140 pages plus front and back cover illustrations, weighing in at over a pound.
- The stunning cover photograph of Adam was taken by Claire Low, @GlambertPianist, during his Singapore WAG Tour concert.
- The exquisite back cover drawing was created by Svetlana Egorova, @ListoffSAY, after Adam’s Life Ball performance in Vienna, Austria.
- Words and images were submitted by fans and professionals from 27 countries.
- Fans from 25 of the 50 United States are represented.
- While not a chronological record of Adam’s journey since Idol, AURA is organized into loose time-frames preceded by a section of stories that set the scene: Introduction; American Idol 2009; FYE/Glam Nation Tour 2010;Trespassing 2012, including a photo-rich section on Queen & Adam Lambert; and Globetrotting/WAG Tour.
- Beyond fan art and impact stories, AURA includes insights and perspectives from people who know, respect—and love—Adam: e.g., Michael Orland, Adam’s Idol coach and pianist; Brian May, yes THAT Brian May; Adam’s long-time friend Eden Espinosa; AI8 contestant Michael Sarver; et al.
Want to order a copy? Go to PayPal.com, open your account, type in the AURA email address CAREFULLY—email@example.com. Magazines are each $24 plus shipping/postage; provide postage for each copy. In the US, add $3.50 ($27.50 per copy). In Canada, add $6 ($30 per copy). For all other countries add $13 ($37 per copy). If you purchase a magazine, a complimentary digital file will follow soon. If you want a digital file without purchasing the magazine, it’s $10 via PayPal or by check.
Want to know if your story or artwork is in the magazine? What page your work is on? How to pay by check for the magazine and free digital file or just a read-only digital file? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AURA. It’s Finally Happening.