Thanksgiving Recipes for Glamberts
Thanks to Bellina for sending us the souffle and rum ball recipes! Sprinkle liberally with glitter, wrap in caution tape and enjoy! Do you have a must-have Thanksgiving dish you’d like to share? Post them under Comments!
SWEET POTATO SOUFFLE
- 8-10 Large Sweet Potatoes (peel, boil, drain and let cool. Mash them by hand with a masher but keep potatoes chunky)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup half & half
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup melted butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup flour
- 1/3 cup melted butter
Mix all ingredients together and pour into deep casserole dish. Mix topping and sprinkle on top. Bake uncovered @ 350 degrees for 45min-1 hour or until no longer soupy in the middle. Keep checking with a knife or spoon. ENJOY!!!!!
- 1 6-oz package (1 cup) semi sweet chocolate pieces
- ½ cup sugar
- 1/3 cup rum
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 cups crushed vanilla wafers
- 1 cup ground walnuts
In a saucepan melt chocolate pieces over low heat. Remove from heat.
Stir in sugar, rum, and corn syrup. Fold in vanilla wafers and nuts.
Shape mixture into 1-inch balls, using 2 teaspoons mixture for each. Roll in sugar. Store in an airtight container. Makes 4 dozen.
JUNEAU’S CRANBERRY CHUTNEY
- 3 cups of fresh cranberries
- One orange or other citrus, seeded and cut into 1/4 inch dice, pith and all
- 1.5 cups of sugar
- 3 tbsp fresh ginger sliced into thin matchsticks
- 1/4 red onion diced small
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp mustard seed
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 1 tsp salt
- pinch cayenne pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup dark raisins
Combine all ingredients except walnuts and raisins in a large stainless pot, cook over medium heat until juices start to be released, then simmer for about 7 minutes until cranberries soften and start to burst. Remove from heat, stir in walnuts and raisins, cover and let cool. Let the chutney ripen for 24 hours before serving. Keeps very well in fridge. You can also can the chutney in jars.
Guess who’s coming to dinner? And he’s famished!!