Birth of a Muse – Adam Lambert
By Juneau and Xena, co-authors of On the Meaning of Adam Lambert
Juneau & Xena Reveal Their Strategy
Find Your Spark
O for a Muse of fire that would ascend
The brightest heaven of invention
– William Shakespeare, Henry V
In the beginning, there was Adam. He sang, swiveled and charmed us into chanting “more, more, more…..”, until our weekly dose of a virtual aphrodesiac stopped and we began a new life to try to capture and hold onto the tingles and twinges we felt anew.
Apollo had appeared, bringing sunshine to enlighten our hearts and minds to the art and music of which he is a creator. We were receptacles to his life-giving seed. Like those hapless nymphs of Greek mythology, we brought forth…a friggin’ book!!
Were we seeking inspiration? No. Were our minds bursting to tell stories? No. We were occupied with our busy lives and careers. However, once our Muse insinuated himself into our subconscious, he cleaned up the cobwebs of latent creativity and with his voice, visage, charismatic personality and Svengali ability to connect to us through his eyes Adam evoked in us feelings and emotions so long buried in our minds, distant yet vaguely familiar.
We reacted from someplace other than our consciousness, viscerally and uncensored. As analytical people, we had to explore and understand our unfamiliar responses so we searched for answers, until our heads were bursting.
When Allegra Huston posted her article “What is it About Adam Lambert?”, this seminal piece on the Adamizing of Allegra herself and women she met while travelling the U.S., validated our feelings and gave us permission to admit our obsession and importantly, to write about our experiences. With Adam as our Muse and now Allegra, we expressed our feelings with images and thoughts, connecting us to a number of other similarly aroused women and together we created a safe place to realize our creativity and express it through writing.
International in scope, we connected through a shared but secret passion, so we used pseudonyms as we exposed ourselves in mind and soul within a supportive environment.
Do we have any profound words of wisdom to impart? No, but we do have our Top Ten Tactics for those with latent, unexpressed creativity and are derived from our own experiences.
Top Ten Tactics for Storming Your Imagination
1) Get in touch with who you were when you were a teenager. What lit your fire then?
2) Appreciate how much you have grown since you were a teen.
3) Own who you are – especially the painful parts. You will be amazed by the energy this frees up.
4) Be open to opportunities that arise for serendipitous events. You never know where you will find your muse.
5) Give yourself permission to venture outside your comfort zone and pursue a secret passion.
6) All of us have at least a little imagination and creativity, but all too often an inner censor keeps us from expressing ourselves. Just put on your red dancing shoes and see what happens.
7) Find a safe, supportive environment in which to test the waters.
8) Through technology, the entire world is now open to you to find kindred spirits, others who will enjoy playing in your sandbox – explore it shamelessly.
9) When you hesitate, ask yourself, what’s the worst that can happen?
10) Be fabulous – eye liner, manicure, look your best and make eye contact. You are communicating that you value yourself and those around you enough to make the effort.
Juneau’s Heart is Captured