Top 10 Adam Lambert Moments of 2012
This was an important year for Adam Lambert, with the release of his sophomore album, Trespassing. In many ways, this was the year Adam truly embarked on his journey as an independent artist. Here are what for us were the most significant events of the year. I’m sure we missed many others! Please weigh in on your top moments!
Join us on our Radio Show tonight from 10:00-11:00 PM ET tonight for discussion and reminiscing about Adam’s achievements this year!!
1. Video for “Better Than I Know Myself”, the first single release from Trespassing. Even fans who were ambivalent about the song were wowed by the video, which revealed a new level of sophistication and ambition. See Multi-Sensory Conception – Adam Debuts “Better Than I Know Myself” and The Video: Better Than I Know Myself
2. Trespassing released, debuts at #1 on Billboard 200. See Adam Lambert First Out LGBT Artist With #1 Album Debut. Music critics are overwhelmingly positive – see reviews at Trespassing Central.
3. Release of “Never Close Our Eyes”. The sci-fi inspired video garnered universal acclaim. See Adam Lambert’s New Music Video Busts Out of the Club
4. Adam performs on American Idol - for the third year in a row!
5. Adam Lambert performs at Royal Albert Hall. It was a short set, and admittedly not the best he’s done, but it was a cherished dream of our to see Adam at London’s fabled hall.
6. Billboard 2012 Mid-year Music Awards. “Trespassing” scores #1 for Billboard 200 album, and “Never Close Our Eyes” wins the #2 spot for Music video. Adam also won Billboard Music’s Sexiest Man.
7. Queen + Adam Lambert Mini Tour. Launched in Kiev before a staggeringly huge crowd, Adam fronted the legendary rock band on a triumphant tour that ended with three unforgettable nights at London’s Hammersmith Apollo. See A Yankee Prince in Queen’s Court – Queen + Adam Lambert. This incredible pairing up, named by Gigwise magazine as the year’s top live act, felt like a redemptive moment for both Adam and Brian May. A Kind of Magic – Brian May and Adam Lambert
8. Adam Lambert on Pretty Little Liars. Adam’s cameo as a glampire rock star on ABC’s wildly popular show sent his iTunes sales soaring.
9. Adam Lambert at Cyndi Lauper’s Home for the Holidays Concert. Performing to benefit homeless LGBT youth, Adam joined Cyndi Lauper in an exquisite duet of “Mad World”. Back in September, Adam flew to Washington DC to give a concert in support of marriage equality in Maryland. Adam Lambert Finds His Voice… for Marriage Equality
10. Hosting VH1 Divas - From the series of promotional videos to the show itself, Adam was able to showcase not only his singing talent, but also his comic acting.
- Television promo appearances: Ellen, Jay Leno, Jimmy Kimmel
- 2012 NewNowNext Awards
- iHeart Radio promotional concerts
- Summer Sonic Concerts in Japan
- Take 40 show where Adam covers “Is This Love?”
- Adam in South Africa
- MNET Asian Music Awards